Create A Beautiful Tuscan Theme Dining Room
The beauty of Italy's Tuscany region is an appreciation for a significant part of Italian culture and heritage. The food, wine, crafts and design are unique and timeless. For many, a visit to Tuscany is only a dream or a once in a lifetime trip. However it is possible to create the feel and sense of Tuscany in one's home, especially in the dining room. Creating a Tuscan vineyard style dining room is not only distinctive but it can also be charming and pleasurable.
- A Tuscan vineyard style dining room should reflect the warm and earthy tones of a Tuscany vineyard farmhouse or villa.
- The dining room can have an old world style with the look of a wooden farm table, which can have benches or wooden chairs with wrought-iron trims.
- A glass table can have a wrought-iron base especially if creating an outdoor dining area.
Having a useful pieces of furniture such as a serving buffet or cabinet should compliment the dining room table in style and form. An open cabinet will allow dishes to be on display. Iron accents for drawer and cabinet hardware can also compliment the dining room's fixtures and accents.
Tile flooring along with large windows and doors will give an open-air feeling to the dining room and offer an excellent opportunity for a party atmosphere for an indoor and outdoor dining occasion. Iron or wooden trim for glass windows and doors continue the Tuscany theme.
Interior features can have a rustic appeal with stone colors and simple wood designs with iron accents. Walls can have textured finishing with tapestry wall décor or even trompe l'oeil painting designs, which are wall paintings to depict a real-life image such as a window or door opening. Similar to a mural, which is another wall painting element to include in the dining room, trompe l'oeil designs present a three-dimensional effect.
- Choose earthy colors of beige, browns, greens and off-whites for walls and trims.
- In addition, terra-cotta colors are very typical of Tuscan design.
- Terra cotta inspired tiles, stone or mosaic flooring can include antique rugs for floor covering. Italian mosaic flooring is very traditional and beautiful for a dining room especially if the dining room includes outdoor space.
- Wrought iron accents on windows, fixtures and furniture are another element of Tuscan design.
- Wall sconces, chairs, doors and drawers can show off iron elements through hardware, switches, trims, handles and hinges.
Lighting for the Tuscan inspired dining room includes walls with sconces, and a chandelier can also create a warm and glowing feel. A chandelier can be a wrought iron piece above the dining room table, especially if there is a wooden dining table. In addition, candles are another simple but elegant item for a dining room. Candles will give a warm glow and will add to the earthy tones used for wall colors and furniture. Try to use earthy tones for candles, which can be on the dining room table or placed in corners on standing candleholders. Taper candles for tables and wide candles for standing candleholders are traditional but candles can have a variety of uses including as a centerpiece adding another decorative addition to the room as well.
Keeping in my mind a rustic sense of style, ceramic items for décor on the floor or on view in cabinets will present Tuscan appeal. Italian inspired decorative pottery pieces are imaginative and present another element of excitement to the earthy tones of a Tuscan vineyard style dining room.
The dining room space can also include a wooden-beamed ceiling with rough plastered walls. If creating an outdoor Tuscan vineyard dining area, a Tuscan pergola is an authentic addition. It can change a simple outdoor space into a vineyard feel especially if the pergola supports vines.
- Useful and decorative items for the dining room are terra-cotta bowls and earthenware.
- Baskets are also welcomed decorative items and are a Tuscany style too.
- Bowls can be used as a centerpiece and baskets can fill corners with plants and floral arrangements.
- The room should be simple and functional and not overloaded with too many decorative items.
Perhaps the most important item for the dining room is a serving cabinet for dishware, linens and glasses. In addition, making space for wine is an option. Wrought iron wine racks are a decorative and functional item for a Tuscan vineyard dining area. A separate wine serving cupboard, table or a wine box can be another item to fill the dining room space and is a handy addition for entertaining.
Since there is a wine country appeal to a Tuscan vineyard dining room, linens can have an array of appeal to brighten up a table. Tablecloths, placemats and napkins can have vineyard designs in rustic colors such as red and yellow to compliment the wood and earthy tones of the space. Floral designs and flower patterns will also liven up a dining room table.
In addition, wine glasses can be part of the room's décor, which will make them accessible for dining. Wine tasting is a large part of the Tuscany culture and having the proper stem ware for libations is important for taste and also is a nice decorative addition to a dining room.
Other items for creating the look and feel of a Tuscan vineyard dining room can be created through details such as large serving platters, wooden salad bowls and wooden chargers for underneath plates. Invoking a sense of Tuscany in your dining room can change the entire mood of dining and present inspiration for entertaining, dining and cooking.