What Do Your Paint Colors Reveal About You?
Your favorite colors speak volumes about you. Although each person is ultimately unique, colors have certain properties and associated cultural symbolism that are fairly universal. Think about the most dominate paint color in your home. Do you know what it’s saying about you?
Green symbolizes renewal, peace and hope. It's considered a very healing color that eases nervousness, anxiety and depression. If you gravitate to green, you most likely possess:
- Ability to listen and keep a secret
- Community mindedness and ability to harmonize conflicts.
Many people who love green have careers in medicine or other helping professions. As nurturing individuals, they often take it upon themselves to care for animals, plants and other people.
Choosing green paint also may reveal some aspects of your personality you'd rather keep private, such as:
- A strong craving for comfort.
- A need for solitude
- A nature so self-effacing that others take advantage of you.
Am I Blue?
When you enter a blue room, the effect is calming, soothing and may even increase your intuition. Perhaps that's why so many people favor blue. If you're one of these people, you'll be proud that your paint reveals your:
- Strong ideals, sense of duty and beliefs
- Need for order, inner peace and truth
- Introspective and deliberate nature
Beware though; choosing blue paint lets others know that you may also be:
- Overly cautious
- A worrier.
A Harvest of Orange
With its warmth and energy, orange helps people feel more social and active. Surprisingly, being exposed to orange may also make you feel hungry!
People who love oranges are often athletes, farmers, ranchers and guides. If you decide to paint with orange, you'll be happily declaring that you're probably:
- Active, athletic and sports-minded
- Nature loving
- Fun loving and flamboyant
- Helpful and supportive
- Attracted to physical and mental challenges.
Loving orange may point to some personality challenges as well. Your orange paint may be advertising that you:
- Have an overly strong need to be accepted by others
- Are impulsive
- Tend to be overdramatic or fickle.
Vibrant red makes a strong statement that isn't for the faint of heart. Being in a red room heightens energy, enthusiasm and confidence. It may also make you feel protected or compelled to take action.
If you revel in red, you're declaring to the world that you're likely:
- Sensual and seductive
- Action oriented.
Sometimes red is also chosen by quiet people who are attracted to the warmth and protective power of this strong color.
Be careful what you reveal when you choose red, however. A preference for red paint may also be announcing that you're:
- Volatile and temperamental
- Lacking in introspection
- Unaware of your shortcomings
- Overly hungry for attention.
Pretty in Pink
Gentle, calming pink is a toned down version of red. As you paint with pink you'll be letting the world know that you're probably:
- Loving and affectionate
- Nurturing and maternal
- Charming though a bit shy
- Happy (or trying hard to be happy)
- Tolerant and trying to find the best in others.
Before you get too excited about all those nice things, be aware that pink paint may also be telling others that you've got some less flattering personality traits. Lovers of pink may also tend to be:
- Too worried about what others think of them
- Overly concerned with being accepted
- Not all that passionate, even though they're loving
- Hungry for protection, shelter and special treatment.
Purple combines the dynamic energies of red with restful blue energy to create an atmosphere that's both calming and uplifting. When you paint with purple, you're letting the world know you probably possess some these admirable traits:
- Deep spirituality and an interest in the world's religions
- Humanitarian compassion and a need to help others
- A drive to improve yourself
- A love of reading and knowledge.
Even spiritual purple has a downside. When you paint with purple, you may also be revealing that you're:
- Overly self-critical and too much of a perfectionist
- Hungry for emotional security and order in your life
- Aloof or sarcastic
Cheery yellow helps people feel optimistic, energetic and creative. If you'd like to paint your walls yellow you're letting the world know that you're most likely:
- Educated and intellectual
- Blessed with a sense of humor
- Sunny but shrewd
- A free spirit
- Business minded
- A good leader
- A private person with just a few very close friends
Remember though, the sun also burns. Lovers of yellow are prone to have some of these less admirable traits:
- Avoidance of responsibility
- Inability to show true emotions under stress.
What About White?
Many people just prefer good old white paint. If you enjoy basic white, chances are you crave uncluttered space, purity and a sense of freshness. Those who prefer white often appear shy, but in truth are outspoken in their own time. If you like white paint, you may also be a little rigid in your belief system.
Most people are complex and have a number of colors that attract them, offering clues about their one-of-a-kind, multifaceted personalities. So have fun painting and be proud to share your colors with the world. You might just learn a bit about yourself in the process.